Whether you or a loved one were involved in an accident or suffered from medical malpractice, you deserve personalized, top-tier representation in your personal injury case. At Carson and Smith Law Offices, LLC, our goal is to help you receive the compensation you deserve for your loss related to cases such as automobile accidents, including car, truck, and motorcycle, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse, and wrongful death, to name a few. If you suffered a Personal Injury, call (xxx) xxxx-xxxx to speak to an attorney.
The Types of Personal Injury
At Carson and Smith Law Offices, LLC, our team of personal injury lawyers are focused on seeking justice and full compensation in cases of serious injury. As trial lawyers, we have a unique perspective on how to develop a case to negotiate the highest level of compensation possible. Our legal skills and experience allow us to develop and present convincing, fully-documented personal injury cases that can persuade a jury to award high levels of compensation or lead to high-value negotiated settlements. We provide professional counsel in a wide range of personal injury cases, including:
- Vehicle accidents: Head-on accidents, sideswipe accidents, multi-car accidents, highway accidents, rear-end accidents
- Pedestrian accidents: Serious and catastrophic injuries, broken bones, brain and spine injuries, or wrongful death
- Motorcycle accidents: Fractures, amputations, spinal cord injuries, brain, and head injuries, disfiguring injuries and loss of life.
- Uber and Lyft accidents: Caused by a driver or other party, leading to serious injury or death.
- Boating accidents: Drownings, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, wrongful death.
- Truck accidents: Commercial trucks, big-rigs, 18-wheelers, delivery trucks, dump trucks, construction vehicles, etc.
- Scooter accidents: More and more scooters are appearing in Bethesda, and riders are at risk of being seriously or fatally injured by vehicle operators.
- Bicycle accidents: Head injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, amputations, permanent disability, traumatic brain injuries, wrongful death.
- Bus accidents: School bus accidents, city bus accidents, tour bus accidents, private bus accidents, church bus accidents, and others.
- Medical malpractice: Birth injuries, surgical errors, anesthesia errors, medication errors, medical negligence, and loss of life.
- Premises liability: Slip and fall, trip and fall, negligent security.
- Assaults: Lawsuits against the defendant due to injuries the victims sustained due to their negligence. Some rape cases can be considered assaults.
- Product liability: Faulty manufacturing, design defects, marketing defects, causing serious or fatal injuries.
- Nursing home abuse: Physical abuse, sexual abuse, psychological abuse, neglect, abandonment, financial abuse, loss of life.
- Dangerous drugs: Lawsuits against drug manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, distributors and others who may be held liable for injuries, serious health conditions, or loss of life.
- Dog bites: Disfiguring injuries, amputations, eye injuries, broken bones, head and neck injuries, serious infections, loss of life.
Picking the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
When searching for an injury attorney in the DMV area, you may ask yourself, what should I look for to find “the best” personal injury lawyer? The truth is, personal injury, and law in general, has a wide variety of cases and situations, and there are no one-size-fits-all solutions. However, in general, there are a few things that you should look for.
The first is whether that attorney’s experience fits the scope of your situation. For instance, you shouldn’t consider a tax attorney for a slip and fall case, simply because they don’t practice that type of law. Instead, that person would search for a highly skilled slip and fall lawyer, as they have extensive experience with that particular type of case. The same goes for truck accident cases, medical malpractice, brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries. Each of these cases have intricacies and difficulties that require experience and a complete understanding of the type of law.
The next thing to consider would be whether they have experience within that jurisdiction. It is highly important to retain a lawyer who has an intimate experience with the court system, the area itself, and the defense attorneys and judges who may be involved with the case. This way, they are equipped to handle any situation that may arise, as well as anticipate how the opposition may set up their defense.
Lastly, making sure that you can trust the attorney is another important step. Scheduling a consultation to go over the facts of the case is extremely helpful in determining whether the attorney can help and whether they will be a good fit for you as well as your situation.
The Initial Consultation
Our firm is upfront about whether we can help, as well as very honest about our opinion of the case. During a free initial consultation, we will talk about the various losses the injured party has incurred. Such losses include medical bills, lost wages, and lost earning capacity, as well as pain and suffering. We also take into consideration what their future medical and financial needs will be as a result of their injury.
The Maryland Department of Transportation has issued statistics that reveal the staggering number of fatal accidents and serious injury accidents in the state, numbers that include the Bethesda area. In the most recently reported year, the statewide numbers were:
- Fatalities: 517
- Injury crashes: 34,518
- Total number of injured persons: 51,182
In Bethesda, certain areas of the 495 Beltway have been identified as being particularly dangerous for drivers, including Silver Spring and McClean, with 88 crashes per mile at Silver Spring and 56 crashes per mile on McLean.
Bicycles, Motorcycles, and Pedestrians
Cyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians are at risk of serious injury in the Bethesda area. While city leaders have new bike lanes planned, many drivers resent cyclists sharing the road and drive aggressively, leading to serious injury or loss of life. The numbers of motor vehicle accidents in Bethesda have slightly declined, there are still shocking numbers of cyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians fatally or seriously injured every year in the area. Statewide, in a recent year, the numbers were:
- 130 pedestrian deaths
- 4,128 pedestrian injuries
- 8 motorcycle deaths
- 3 cyclist deaths
- 1 scooter rider death
Bethesda’s Most Dangerous Intersections
Bethesda has many dangerous intersections that pose a high risk to drivers, pedestrians, motorcyclists, and cyclists. The deadliest intersections in Bethesda include:
- Elm Street and Wisconsin
- Woodmont Avenue and Hampden Lane
- Woodmont Avenue and Elm Street
- Bethesda Avenue and Capital Crescent Trail
- Bethesda Avenue and entrance to Bethesda Row parking garage
- Bethesda Avenue and Arlington Street
Powerful Representation and Personal Attention
Carson and Smith Law Offices, LLC fully understands that this is a highly stressful time. All of our personal injury attorneys here prioritize our clients and fight tirelessly for them to obtain the best results possible, no matter how complex the case may be. We treat every case with the personalized attention it deserves, providing clients with assistance, and support at every stage of the legal process. Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means that we see no payment unless we win your case.
Contact Carson and Smith Law Offices, LLC
Understanding that every injury case is different, do not stick to “general” tips, rather seek a professional that knows your exact situation. If you have been injured by the negligence of another, we will be happy to speak to you about your case. Contact Carson and Smith Law Offices for a free case evaluation today.